(Character study): Mom, the unsympathetic adult who loves us

jueves, 17 de marzo de 2011
REFERENCE:
{"Calvin & Hobbes". Bill Watterson}
My mom is my most important friend, the person who is always close to me to say me how much she loves me. But sometimes, includes my mom, people don't understand me. And I can imagine that is worse when your mom is a TV addict and doesn't take care about you, like Jerric's mom.
For example, Calvin's mom doesn't understand her son and his huge imagination. So, Calvin has only the friendship of Hobbes. But his mother loves him, because every mom loves her son.

('Mom' of 'Calvin & Hobbes'. Bill Watterson. 1985-1995)
{"Pepper Ann". Animated TV serie. Created by Sue Rose, for the ABC tv channel. Between 1997 and 2001. About the life of a hiperactive and special girl, Pepper Ann Pearson, and her friends. Her mother, Lydia Pearson, is like her but older, and a little bit crazy, like her daughter.}
I remember other kind of original and funny mothers, like the mother of Pepper Ann, a animation tv serie. She was very strange and she never stop to talk. With glasses and dressing like an adult women, this is the kind of design that I'm looking for.

('Pepper Ann'. Animation TV serie. Sue Rose. 1997-2001)
{"Recess". Animation TV serie produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. Created by Joe Ansolabehere and Paul Germain. About a group of school students and the time that they spend in the recess. Explain original stories about different students and teachers.}
Other examples are the teacher of the Animation Tv serie 'Recess', a smart and gentle person.

(Teacher of 'Recess'. Animation TV serie. Joe Ansolabehere and Paul Germain. 1997-2001.)
OWN WORK:
So, this is the evolution of the sketches: a old women with glasses, apron and home shoes. A typical housewife and mother.


(Sketches of “mother”. Own work).

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario