(Character study): First love, a girl

domingo, 27 de marzo de 2011

('Doug'. Animated TV serie. Jim Jinkins. 1991-1999)

REFERENCE:
{“Doug”}
Everybody remembers his first love, that love that change our lives. A lot of popular references: movies or series like Romeo and Juliet, Dawson creek, My girl, Sleeping beauty,...
One story like these is “Doug”, the Tv serie that I explained before. Doug is in love with Patti Mayonaisse, a girl of his class. Like Jerric, he has doubts and he dreams with go out with her. Is a good reference to make a similar story, with the power of the dreams to explain everything that he feels.

(I''s. Comic-book. Masakazy Katsura. 1997-2000)

{“I''s” created by Masakazu Katsura. Japanese comic-book. About the story of a young japanese, Ichitaka Seto, who's in love with Iori, a young girl of his class. He's shy, so he has problems to tell her what are his feelings about her.}
A japanese comic-book artist, Masakazu Katsura, is very famous because his love stories about young people. Usually, the main character is a shy boy, who is in love with a pretty girl who ignores him. And he evolve until he try to get her. This kind of boy is like Jerric, a shy and silent boy, doubtful, who needs to change to be stronger and to try to get everything that he wants.

OWN WORK:
I was doing a lot of sketches, until I found a good design. The character looks like a young girl, more adult than Jerric (taller and more pretty), but with the same age. That final sketche, a girl with ponnytail and with freckless, remembers me my first girlfriend. This is important, because Jerric is a part of me, so his first love need to have a part of my love too.



(Own sketches. 2011.)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario