(Work in process): final work, last illustrations

domingo, 8 de mayo de 2011

(Own work: A detail of the 1st page)

1st and 2nd june will be the Internal Assessment of the final major project. This is a event with 6 teacher to present my final project and explain it, before the Degree show opening, that will be friday 10th june, at 18.00.
The degree show reparation begins monday 16th may (with the help of BA Illustration level 1 students)and I need to have very advanced all work to that date. So, I'm working very hard to finish all illustrations, to later edit them with photoshop and print the final book, that will be presented in a special box for the degree show.

(Own work: Another detail of the 1st page)

Here I put some of the illustrations I'm finishing these weeks. First, I made the first page, that is the most similar to the firt comic-book idea I had to this project. But know is very different to the first idea, with different shots, perspectives and compositions.

(Own work: Detail of the 7th page)

I really like the changes, because I think that is more interesting graphically. Do it without photoshop is big challenge for me, and I'm working hard to make a good final illustrations, and I think that I'm in the good way.

(Own work: Sketches for more illustrations)

Before start with the final illustrations, first I'm making small sketches (A5 size) to have an idea about how is going to be and if the final composition works. Here you have a few examples of sketches for the 7th, 6th, 3rd and 8th pages.

(Own work: 6th page)

Other illustration in process is the 6th page. There I represent the First love, like the faery queen. Jerric is very surprised about her beauty and he immediately falls in love.

(Own work: Detail of the 6th page)

In these details we can see how I'm working with the mix of two colours: red and blue. These colours work very good, and I think that is a strong combination and a good composition.
Basically, with these illustrations I'm telling the same that I was trying to represent with the comic-book composition, but in a easier way, and with better graphic features.

(Own work: Detail of the 6th page)

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario